In 1997, higher education loan was introduced for the children of GB members, so that, they could pursue higher education at the highest level without facing any financial problems.
- The minimum age for membership for this loan is one year.
- The children of the members who will be selected for admission in Honors and Masters in public, agricultural, engineering, and medical universities and the affiliated colleges of public universities are eligible for this loan.
- Admission fee, tuition fee, and hostel/mess cost from admission to the final examination will be covered by this loan.
- One or more children of the borrower's family can get this loan.
- No installment is required to be paid during the study period.
- The service charge of 5% per annum will be applicable from the month following the last installment disbursement.
- The loan will have to be repaid in monthly installments from one year after completion of education.
Nursing Education Loans for the Children of Grameen Bank Borrower Members
To assist the children of Grameen Bank borrowers to secure jobs at home and abroad it lends money for study in a 4 years B.Sc. in Nursing and 3-year Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery course in the international standard Grameen Caledonian College of Nursing. 918 students have enrolled for these courses. 658 students are in a 3-year Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery course, while 260 students have enrolled in B.Sc. level courses in nursing in Bangladesh.